Two words - Thomas Jefferson.
Disclosure: I graduated from the University of Virginia.
Charlottesville, Virginia, home to Thomas Jefferson and the University of Virginia, has a long history of being a voice for freedom. Now it can add freedom from drones to the list, as Charlottesville's anti-drone resolution is the first of its kind in the nation. The resolution, which passed by a 3 to 2 vote, calls on the Virginia General Assembly and Congress to adopt legislation barring information obtained from drones from being used court-- and the city itself has adopted such a ban locally. The measure also endorses a proposed two year moratorium on drones in Virginia.
Scroll down for Photos and Video
Obama Refuses To Say If Assassination Power Extends To US Soil (Glenn Greenwald)
The man whom the administration has put up to head the CIA would not say whether or not the president of the United States has the power to order the extrajudicial killing of a United States citizen within the borders of the United States. And the hearing, remarkably, went on as though nothing untoward had happened.
- Al-Qaeda's 22 Tips For Dodging Drone Attacks
- Iran Says It Has Captured Another Foreign Drone (Mid-air software hack)
- 34,000 Black Churches Condemn Obama Drone Policy As Murder And Evil
- Pentagon Creates New Medal For Drone Kills
- DHS Purchases 22 Million More Rounds Of Ammunition
- Dick Cheney: "I Love The Drone Program"
- FAA To Create 6 Drone Test Sites In U.S.
- FAA SAYS: Currently No Armed Drones In U.S.
- Will You End Up On The Government's Kill List? - Paul Craig Roberts
Song - Here's to you Mr. Jefferson
Hamilton & Jefferson Discuss The Founding Of The United States Treasury - Video From HBO Series John Adams