WTF?!, No Seriously, WTF! - Bank Of America Holds Patent On 'Changing Your Emotions' During Customer Service Call
Systems For Inducing Change In A Human Physiological Characteristic
Systems and methods for inducing a change in a human physiological characteristic. The physiological characteristic may correspond to an emotional state of a dialogue participant. The dialogue participant may be an individual participating in a conversation. The outcome of the conversation may be related to a business objective, such as providing high quality call center services. A sensor may monitor the physiologic characteristic. A processor may relate the physiologic characteristic to an emotional state. The processor may provide feedback to the individual based on the emotional state. The feedback may be formulated to change the individual's emotional state.
We wonder, do they also have patents on the following:
- Ken Lewis' genius decision to buy Countrywide and assume billions in liability.
- Having the worst customer service of any U.S. bank.
- Overpaying for Merrill Lynch.
- Robbing shareholders.
- Using Repo 105s to hide true balance sheet exposures.
- Foreclosing on homeowners in violation of 400-year-old contract law.
- Destroying lives.
- Losing the mortgage note.
We're certain there are more, but we'll leave it to readers to complete the rest of the BofA patent portfolio in comments.