More from yesterday's closely-watched presser with 'whatever it takes' Mario. He discusses sovereign bond purchases and would like you to believe that they are imminent, that they will be massive in scope, and that the Bundesbank supports his every move.
The European markets voted and decided he was lying, again. Then they got crushed.
Related links from around the web:
- Complete Text of ECB President Draghi’s statement
- Draghi Admits: "I Was Buying Time And Trying To Put Pressure On Germany"
- Mario Monti Bets On Approval For Bailout Fund In Swipe At Germany - Bloomberg
- Draghi Edges Closer to Bond Purchases, but Hopes Are Blunted - NYT
- Draghi: "Pointless to bet against the survival of the Euro..."
- Draghi: "In my statement you will find the words 'within our mandate' several times"
- Goldman thinks market’s disappointment with ECB is premature - Reuters
- Bundesbank rains on Draghi’s ambitions
- BNP Furious That Draghi "Jumped The Gun, Cried Wolf"
- European Bonds Give Back ALL Draghi Gains In Worst Trading Day In A Decade
Solid compilation clip from Bloomberg...